Stuart Rothenberg, MD, FAAFP
Nancy Lonsdorf, MD, ABIHM
Areas of Study
Ayurvedic Pulse Reading
Herbs and Spices
Diet and Nutrition
Integrative Ayurveda Training for Wellness Consultants
Courses Designed for Wellness Consultants, including
Authentic Ayurveda from Integrative Medicine Experts
Health Coaches, Yoga Teachers and Ayurveda Practitioners
- Authentic – Ayurveda is the world's oldest Health System arising from the ancient Vedic Tradition of India. Maharishi AyurVeda® is a comprehensive modern formulation of this ancient science in accord with the classical texts. – more
- Expert Integrative Ayurveda Faculty – Stuart Rothenberg, MD and Nancy Lonsdorf, MD are two of the most experienced Integrative Ayurveda clinicians in the world. Each has over 30 years of experience and each has treated over 10,000 patients with Integrative Ayurveda. – more
- Video: "Why Practice Ayurveda" with Drs. Rothenberg and Lonsdorf – more
What you will learn
Participants will develop practical skills for the prevention and promotion of wellness — including Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis—that can be immediately applied in Ayurveda Wellness consultations, as well as your own life.
- Prevention—Learn how to identify imbalances before they manifest as disease and eliminate them through effective natural medicine approaches.
- Ayurvedic Assessment of Balance—Learn the ayurvedic approach to determining the underlying root imbalances of common symptoms
- Ayurvedic Puse Assessment— Over 14 hours of expert instruction with supporting printed materials by our two MD faculty, each with experience seeing over 10,000 patients
- Diet and Nutrition—Instruction in individualized approach to diet and nutrition that addresses underlying imbalances at the root of their illness.
- Removing root imbalances—Discover new and practical approaches to enliven the body's natural healing mechanisms and address the root causes of ill health.
- Detoxification—Learn how to apply traditional Ayurvedic procedures for clearing toxins from the body that may be a cause of chronic disorders.
- Stress Reduction—Learn how to apply scientifically validated approaches to stress-reduction and mind-body balance.
- Lifestyle Changes—Learn how to individualize daily routines and lifestyle recommendations for to prevent behavioral mistakes that cause health problems.
- The Ayurvedic Treatment Modalities - Ayurveda is complete multi-modality program containing virtually every modality in Integrative Medicine - more
Level 1 Course Structure
The Level 1 course is comprised of:
- A 55-hour online course divided into 4 Modules – more
- One live weekend Module – more
- One live Module is required to receive a Certificate
- Ongoing support with live webinars and Q&A
The online 55-hour online curriculum includes comprehensive knowledge of:
- Basic Ayurveda principles – doshas, body type (prakriti), imbalance (vikriti), diagnosis, subdoshas, dhatus and ojas
- Foundational Treatment Modalities – diet, daily routine, herbs, cleansing, mind-body medicine, aromas and spices
- Ayurveda Pulse Diagnosis – Over 14 hours of clinical instruction by Drs. Rothenberg and Lonsdorf including highly detailed color graphics of pulse diagnostic technique
The course is based on Maharishi AyurVeda®—a comprehensive modern formulation of this ancient science in accord with the classical texts. The course is the result of over 25 years of collaboration of researchers, modern medical doctors, and leading Ayurvedic physicians (vaidyas) under the guidance of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. The course curriculum was prepared by vaidyas and modern physicians with extensive experience using Ayurveda in clinical practice.
Registration and Fees
$700 wth current 25% discount - go to registration page
Legal Issues Regarding Practicing as an Ayurveda Wellness Consultant
Important Note: Depending on the laws of your individual state you may or may not be able to conduct a business as an Ayurvedic Wellness Consultant.
For example California and several other states have laws (“health care freedom laws”) that permit non-licensed alternative medicine practitioners to provide dietary and behavioral recommendations for clients when certain prerequisites are met. In some states Wellness Consultants may need to be associated with a licensed healthcare practitioner, such as a medical doctor, to provide wellness recommendations to clients.
It is advised that you become familiar with the appropriate laws in your state and consult with a legal expert as to the regulations regarding providing dietary and behavioral recommendations in a professional setting.
State Law Reference Sites