Ayurveda Training Program for Health Professionals
Provider – Maharishi Ayurveda Association of America
California Acupuncture Board CE Provider No. – 1238
Approved for 14.5 CE hours
The Ayurveda Training Program for Health Professionals instructs health professionals how to apply the underlying principles by which Ayurvedic medicine:
1. evaluates balance and imbalance in the body and
2. individualizes dietary and behavioral recommendations for promoting health.
Ayurveda is a complementary approach to Acupuncture in diagnosing and balancing the physiological system, with the goal of removing impediments to the expression of the body’s innate intelligence in order to maximize health. Both approaches share common philosophical roots in Asian medicine and the understanding that the key to health is the full expression of the underlying innate intelligence or self-healing ability of the body. This subtle life force flows throughout the body, and every part of the physiology depends on its connection with this inner intelligence for its proper development and health.
Ayurveda is the traditional medical system of India. Maharishi AyurVeda a comprehensive modern formulation of this ancient science in accord with the classical texts—provides the knowledge base for this course.
The course introduces Ayurveda’s unique system of describing and classifying the various divisions of the body’s innate intelligence, called the 3 Doshas--Vata, Pitta and Kapha--in Ayurveda. The Ayurvedic approach includes the use of pulse assessment, an ancient aspect of Ayurvedic diagnosis that allows the practitioner to assess the state of balance or imbalance in the underlying biological intelligence. Based on this assessment, the practitioner, is able to recommend individualized nutritional and lifestyle approaches for the client.
What you will learn:
• The detailed, time-tested Ayurvedic system of assessing the divisions of biological intelligence (the 3 Doshas, Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).
• Diagnostic procedures including classical Ayurvedic pulsse diagnosis to determine the state of balance and imbalance in biological intelligence.
• How to recommend individualized lifestyle and herbal prevention and treatment programs to create optimum health
• The Ayurvedic approach to digestive imbalances
• The Ayurvedic approach to herbal food supplements, including the use of dietary spices, as well as essential oils in aromatherapy.
Upon completion of Ayurveda Training Program for Health Professionals, the participant will be able to:
1. Explain fundamental principles and clinical concepts of Maharishi Ayurveda.
2. Apply principles of assessment of balance and imbalance from the Ayurvedic perspective.
3. Apply the traditional Ayurvedic approach to optimizing digestive health.
4. Apply the Ayurvedic understanding of daily routine.
5. Apply the ayurvedic principles for use of herbs, spices and aromatherapy
6. Explain the mind/body medicine/stress management approach of Ayurveda
7. Apply the Ayurvedic understanding of stages of development of imbalance to improve personalized health care
8. Apply Ayurvedic pulse assessment techniques in the determination of the state of balance and imbalance in the client.
- Solo: 14.5 hour California Acupuncture CE online Course
MAAA faculty comprise a renowned group of international Ayurvedic experts including Vaidyas (Ayurvedic physicians from India) and modern medical doctors with over 25 years of clinical experience in Ayurveda. Principal teaching faculty for the course are:
||STUART ROTHENBERG, MD, FAAFP. Dr. Rothenberg is National Director of Health Professional Training of Maharishi Ayurveda Association of America. He was founding medical director of the first Maharishi Ayurveda clinics in the United States and has more than 25 years of experience in leading Maharishi Ayurveda training courses, having trained over 1500 physicians in the US and abroad.
||NANCY LONSDORF, MD. Dr. Lonsdorf is a specialist in integrative medicine, clinical faculty member at Maharishi University of Management, and former medical director of The Raj Maharishi Ayurveda Health Center. She is an expert on Ayurveda and women's health and is author of The Ageless Woman: Natural Health and Beauty after Forty with Maharishi Ayurveda.
Members of the faculty listed on this page indicate no commercial interests to disclose.
email - email@example.com
phone - 877-540-6222